Tax Information You Need To Know If You Are Getting Married Or Entering Into A Common Law Partnership

Once you get married change your status as soon as possible, because benefits such as the Child tax, and the GST/HST credit will be affected. The government will recalculate your benefits based on family information and net income. Benefits will be adjusted the following month you status changes.

If you do not report this change immediately and you wait until tax time, there could be a bill owing to the government with interest.

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *